Thursday, October 14, 2010

Scriptures Given... Lessons in process

Isaiah 30
18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice
Blessed are all who wait for him!
19 O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

In the midst of walking on the path before me I was met by a deep disappointment. Then the Lord being the personal God that he is reached down and balmed my soul with a worship song line that repeated in my heart and mind -- I WILL give you a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness... now where would I find that promise? Isaiah again, chapter 61 but I needed to look in several versions and read each before and after the refrain I kept hearing,
Amplified Bible vs 3To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion--to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

New King James vs 3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”

And this final quote from David Jeremiah's devotional for today which is a constant reminder that the relationship I have with God is dependent upon my sustaining it through His Word...
Amid the difficulties of life, we often need rest; but we should never fall asleep spiritually or lose our daily habit of reading from the "scroll" of God's Word. Be diligent at staying on God's pathway. Stay alert and keep your Bible close at hand.
"God, as being very tender of me, hath not suffered me to be molested, but would with one scripture and another strengthen me against all."  John Bunyan
May you be blessed in the process of your walk with God as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment