Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day!

Growing up in NY, May day was a special event at the private school my sister attended. There was a "carnival" type atmosphere, complete with May poles and other "artsy" stuff. It resonated with my sister's spirit while my own was more the routine, planner type. But as my neon green toenails show -- I'm trying to change that image and be more daring...

Psalm 46:1&2  God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;


It is easier to be more daring when you rely on the Lord to protect and guide you. The quote from yesterday's devotional is so true...

Love God, and he will dwell with you. Obey God, and he will reveal to you the truth of his deepest teachings. --Frederick William Robertson (English clergyman)

When we first went to the gastroenterologist about Vince's swallowing problem, the Lord had let each of us know that the problem was cancer. There's no explaining how we knew -- it was something the Lord revealed to us in our prayer time with Him. God has done that before -- the first time Vince had bladder cancer we knew before the biopsy had been sent off that it was cancer but that everything would be O.K. and it was.
Knowing and loving God who dwells within is only a part of my relationship with Him. Obedience to the Lord brings a deeper reliance which enables the "sense of knowing" even the hard things. In pondering these thoughts my view of the immensity of God grows even larger -- and yet the truth of his intimacy with just me makes my heart overflow!

No comments:

Post a Comment