Monday, April 22, 2013

April Thoughts

Life changes so quickly...
In March after a good physical report from his primary doctor about his diabetes and A1C, Vince had trouble swallowing. The gastroenterologist ordered an endoscopy which he had last Thursday. The doctor came in following the procedure and explained he had found a large mass at the bottom of the esophagus which in his opinion was cancerous. He had taken several biopsies which would be back on Monday. He ordered a CAT scan which will be done Tuesday morning at 7:30.

In so many ways this seems like "deja vu." In 1993, Vince had bladder cancer with a recurrence in 1996. We've been down the cancer road before. As before, the Lord gave us both peace before the doctor's appointment that it was cancer -- the test was just a confirmation.

Vince now has his own Caring Bridge site for posting the journey. If you would like to follow along with us, the link is here:
Caring Bridge Site

Blogging will definitely be a more common and necessary activity now. The Lord is showing Himself so magnificently in this new journey. I will post here scripture, lyrics to songs, whatever the Lord is using in our lives through all of this.

How could we travel this road without our intimate, personal, loving and caring God? It would not be possible.

Today's scripture: Psalm 18:1-6
I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and I have been saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
    the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came before him, into his ears.
What a way to start the day...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment